Teen LEARN TO SKATE ACADEMY...
ALL LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAMS ARE A PROGRESSIVE SERIES OF 5 LEVELS
CLASS LENGTH: 1 HOUR
AGES: 13 - 18
LEARN TO SKATE LEVEL 1
Primary Fundamentals - This program is customized for beginner skaters with little or no experience on the ice. Skaters will learn how to fall down and stand up with good balance and posture, skate forwards with a good understanding of a push and glide sequence.
LEARN TO SKATE LEVEL 2
Fundamentals & Foundations - This program is customized for skaters with little experience on the ice. Skater’s should be able to skate forwards using a push and glide sequence, and march backwards. Skater's will be introduced to one-foot glides, begin understanding the concept of edges, stops and sculling.
LEARN TO SKATE LEVEL 3
Strengthening Foundations - This program is suited for experienced skaters who are able to skate backwards, confidently stop, and glide on one foot confidently with balance and posture. Edge work and backwards skating will be the main focus of this level, including, forward one foot inside and outside edges, begin understanding the concept of backward edges, and backwards sculling.
LEARN TO SKATE LEVEL 4
Mastering Foundations - This level is customized for skilled skaters. Skills worked on will be edge work both forwards & backwards, development of crossovers, slaloms, and turns.
LEARN TO SKATE LEVEL 5
Fundamentals & Foundations Mastered - This level is designed for advanced skaters who would like to take their skills to the next level. Skills worked on will be advanced edge work both forwards & backwards, development of backward crossovers, hockey stops and one foot turns.
- CSA-approved helmets are mandatory and face-masks are optional.
- Hockey or figure skates that lace up (plastic skates with buckles do not provide the proper support).
- Waterproof gloves and layered up in clothing that is warm, dark and waterproof.
- Bicycle or ski helmets are not permitted.
- Dates and times are subject to change based on availability.
- Skaters are grouped according to level first and then by age.